Saturday, April 6, 2013

On Vision
7 апреля 2013

A few years ago I watched a documentary series on John Adams. In one of the scenes Adams was in the White House (still undergoing construction) and he was reading a newspaper with an enormous magnifying glass probably 10 or 12 inches across while still wearing his spectacles. It struck me as somewhat funny, although clearly the scene was not comedic.


Yesterday I was looking over some travel documents that were printed in a tiny font. Like Adams I searched my desk drawer and pulled out my magnifying glass and with my glasses on was able to decipher what I was reading. My only problem was that my magnifying glass was about 4 inches across. I immediately thought about the scene in the documentary and all of a sudden didn’t think it was so funny anymore. At the moment I wished that I had a glass the size that Adams was using…

До следующего раза ...

Борис

No comments:

Post a Comment